Today marks our 12th wedding anniversary, this makes it a dozen!
I sure wish the cliche that time flies weren't true in this case. If I could just press the pause button for a few weeks or even days, I think I would most definitely press it. I remember when the kids were little and I kept thinking 'oh I can't wait for them to be out of diapers', or 'one day they will sleep through the night', or 'we just have to get through those terrible twos'. But I don't feel that right now, there's nothing that I see or feel that I'd like to fast forward through. I'd just like to pause.
I would love to divulge all that this past year of marriage has been for Aaron and I, but no details are necessary other than I feel we are at a strong place in our union. A healthier and better place than we were even a year ago.
My hope is that we continue on this path. A path full of trust, honesty, and improvement. The future of growing old together is sure getting closer and closer and I can say with a full heart that I look forward to it. Not the older part, but the growing together part.
Now for my sappy post to my husband:
1) You are pretty sexy in your svelte-ness right now, I'm so proud of how hard you work to stay healthy
2) Sometimes it bothers me how well you know me, are there no surprises anymore?! Am I that predictable? But in all honesty, I love it
3) You make the best 10pm snacks, hands down. It saddens me you do not partake of these amazing snacks because you don't eat late at night, but my stomach sure loves them. I can assure you of their deliciousness
4) I appreciate how hard you work for our family. Most days you come home, you are unrecognizable beneath the black layers of elevator oil and grime. It doesn't bother you, but I can see the exhaustion in your eyes and the toll it takes on your body. We thank you for sacrificing so much for us
5) We made a real effort this year to enjoy lunch dates and that we have. I love meeting you at little cafes and restaurants all over the city. I love that you will find a place and can't wait to introduce me to it. I wish they were more often, but I will take as many as I can get
6) I love that you think I'm sexy in glasses, and you often remind me to put them on. You are a sick man. A sick man :)
7) I love that we have the exact same taste in television, or that we've made it a point to have the same taste. The evenings where neither of us are working or doing chores are few and far between, but we never ever spend them apart
8) You are still amazingly good at making me laugh. All. the. time. And I love that you often remind me of this humor and how lucky I am to have chosen you, and not some other non-humorous dude from my past
9) I admire how you really don't care what any other person thinks. Except for me
10) You are kind. The kindest person I know
11) I appreciate whenever there is a school project that screams 'dad' all over it, you are all over it. The earth day/recycling project, the building of anything wood or mechanical. You don't complain, in fact, I think you kind of like the 'dad' projects and look forward to them. And I love seeing you create something with one of your kids
12) You always return my calls. It may seem something small or inconsequential. But it's not. It's huge. And I hope I never abuse it or take it for granted. Thank you for always taking my call
I love you babe, happy anniversary.