I honestly cannot believe that 9 years have gone by. But just a quick look around my house and it's totally believable. Going through our wedding proof albums, after a few years of not seeing them, was pretty crazy. I cannot believe that I was allowed to get married, I was a baby! I cannot even post a photo of me and Aaron up close because we seriously look like children. And this is even all the more reason to celebrate that we are still married!
No, in all seriousness now. We were young. Most definitely. However, at the time, we didn't think we were so young. And looking back now and seeing the people we were on this day compared to who we are now are two very different sights. Aaron and I often talk about how insane it is that we could've gotten married so young and naive and yet we are still so happy. Even more happy I'd say. I do not think I am the young girl I was on the day we got married. And I'm not saying I'm just an old girl now. I think that over the last 9 years I have changed and grown into the person I am today, and I don't think I'd be her without Aaron. I believe we both saw what the other person was capable of, and somehow these crazy kids were able to grow together instead of apart.
I am not going to get all crazy sentimental and cheesy on you. Aaron already made me promise to hold that back. But I am going to list the top 9 things I have learned about myself and Aaron over the last 9 years.
1. Aaron knows me better than I know myself. Almost always.
2. Aaron anti-vegetarianized me.
3. We don't fight very often, but when we do it is volatile.
4. On the day we got married I did not love Aaron as much as I do today.
5. Next to my father, he is the greatest dad I have ever met.
6. Aaron makes me want to respect him. It is not something he demands or forces, rather it's a desire that comes completely from me because of his actions, manner, and humility.
7. Aaron puts my needs first in everything, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. He's the guy who will let me hog the shower head without a complaint. (not that we ever shower together mom and pop!)
8. Not always, but once in awhile, I will still get a butterfly when he kisses me. And it totally shocks me because well, butterflies are not easy to come by after 9 years. And being honest, I of course, miss the butterflies. But when they do come they are extra special.
9. Still after 9 years, we can lay in bed in the dark and talk for hours, or until someone (Aaron) falls asleep mid sentence.
Happy Anniversary babe.